M.Voc in Interior Design
1. Industry-Anchored Programmes: From concept, to structure, to delivery, we have shared engagement with our industry partners and mentors to multiply the learning journey of the students. This close engagement facilitates the ecosystem to nullify the academia-workspace gap.
2. Competency-based Curriculum & Framework: To make students’ learning measurable and visible beyond marks/grades, the curriculum in active participation of industry experts is aligned to the recent competencies required in a specific sector and packaged into qualification benchmarks. It helps in tracking the programme outcome periodically with improved accuracy.
3. Practice-Driven Pedagogy & Learning in 4D: A minimum of 50% of the curriculum is delivered through practice and application-driven pedagogy brings confidence and understanding. Learning is done in 4 dimensions: On-Campus, Online, On-Site, On-the-Job, bringing diversity to the experiences and keeping the engagement happening and dynamic.
4. Degree with Work Experience (On-Job-Learning/Apprenticeship): Substantial learning at work at the workspace/industry under professional mentors during the programme adds to the confidence and performance in terms of domain and life skills. Actively working with an industry partner as an apprentice for a longer duration brings the edge of having work experience during the degree.
5. Real World Skills & Intelligence: Living with actual diversity of the real world in terms of engagement, experience and expectation add to the upgradation of social skills and intelligence for a seamless migration to the real world.
6. Assured Employability: Having rightfully skilled in all aspects and being Industry ready with work experience makes it more rewarding for the industry to absorb better career flight.
7. World Skills Competitions – Being the Skill Star: Candidates with good performance in respective domain skills will be shortlisted and groomed to represent India at World Skills Competition (Skills Olym-pic).
8. Skill Certifications: The skill quotient of the candidates is also verified by the industry and certified skill assessors through certifications from NSDC.
This M.Voc. program in Interior Design is designed to provide the knowledge, competencies, and skills necessary to operate in a challenging and changing global environment. The subjects of the program have a strategic focus that tackles practical issues and concepts and develops the skills required by modern interior design.
• An in-depth knowledge and understanding of:
• The role and use of textiles and fabrics in interior spaces.
• The concepts of interior design and their use in creating unique interior spaces.
• The role of furniture and furniture design in interior spaces.
•Sustainable and environment friendly design creation.
• Visual merchandising in the retail space.
• Skills and competence in:
• Choosing and using textiles and fabrics in interior spaces.
• Choosing and using furniture in interior spaces.
• Using digital media to curate, coordinate and market their work.
• Creating unique interior spaces by applying the concepts of interior design.
• Using lighting as a tool to create spaces that are beautiful as well as practical.
• Visual merchandising in the retail space.
• A healthy and professional attitude, so that he/she is able to:
•Plan and organise work to achieve goals.
• Apply research principles, methods and techniques to one’s field of professional practice and write professional reports.
” Manage complex technical or professional activities or projects, requiring the exercise of full personal responsibility for output of own work as well as for the outputs of the group.
• Adapt to the future of work and to the demands of the fast pace of technological developments and innovations that drive employers ‘demands for skills’, particularly with respect to transition towards more technology-assisted work involving the creation of new forms of work and rapidly changing work and production processes.
• Manage work that is complex and unpredictable and requires new strategic approaches.
Demonstrate ability to develop and lead teams to achieve team goals.
• Adequate life skills to live a productive life, so, he/she must be able to:
• Embrace and practice constitutional, humanistic, ethical, and moral values.
* Analyse and evaluate evidence from a range of sources to generate solutions to complex problems.
• Make judgements in a range of situations by critically reviewing and consolidating evidence.
> Demonstrate entrepreneurial skill and mindset.
• Demonstrate skills necessary to operate in a challenging and changing global environment.
ADMISSION OPEN FOR 2023-2024
Contact -1800 572 6567
For More Details
Contact -1800 572 6567
For More Details
Frequently Asked Questions about M.Voc in Interior Design
1. What is an M.Voc in Interior Design?
An M.Voc in Interior Design refers to a Master of Vocation degree program focused on providing specialized vocational training in the field of interior design. It is a postgraduate program that combines theoretical knowledge with practical skills to prepare students for professional careers in the interior design industry. This program emphasizes hands-on training, industry collaboration, and the application of design principles in real-world scenarios.
M.Voc in Interior Design is a Master of Vocation degree program.
It offers specialized vocational training in interior design.
The program emphasizes practical skills, industry collaboration, and real-world applications.
2. What are the career prospects after completing an M.Voc in Interior Design?
After completing an M.Voc in Interior Design, graduates have diverse career prospects in the field. They can work as interior design consultants, project managers, or design coordinators in architectural firms, design studios, or construction companies. Graduates may also explore entrepreneurial opportunities by starting their own interior design ventures or consulting businesses.
Graduates can work as interior design consultants, project managers, or design coordinators.
Career opportunities exist in architectural firms, design studios, and construction companies.
Entrepreneurial options include starting their own ventures or consulting businesses.
3. What skills will I develop during an M.Voc in Interior Design program?
An M.Voc in Interior Design program focuses on developing practical skills and industry-relevant competencies. Some key skills that you will develop during the program include:
Space planning and layout: You will learn to analyze spaces, optimize layouts, and create functional interior designs.
Computer-aided design (CAD): You will gain proficiency in using CAD software to create detailed drawings and 3D visualizations.
Material selection and specification: You will develop knowledge of different materials, their properties, and their appropriate applications in interior design projects.
Skills developed include space planning, layout optimization, and CAD proficiency.
Emphasis on material selection and understanding material properties.
Practical skills and industry-relevant competencies are fostered.
4. How long does it take to complete an M.Voc in Interior Design?
The duration of an M.Voc in Interior Design program varies depending on the educational institution and the specific curriculum. Typically, it takes two years to complete a full-time master’s degree program. Some institutions may offer part-time or accelerated study options, which can affect the duration.
The standard duration of an M.Voc in Interior Design is two years.
Part-time and accelerated study options may be available, altering the duration.
It is recommended to check with specific institutions for accurate program durations.
5. What are the specialization areas in an M.Voc in Interior Design program?
In an M.Voc in Interior Design program, you may have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas based on your interests and career goals. Some common specialization areas include:
Residential design: Focuses on designing interior spaces for residential properties, including houses, apartments, and condominiums.
Commercial design: Concentrates on designing interior spaces for commercial establishments such as offices, retail stores, and hospitality venues.
Sustainable design: Explores environmentally friendly design practices, incorporating sustainable materials and energy-efficient solutions.
Specialization areas include residential design, commercial design, and sustainable design.
Focus on designing interior spaces for different types of properties.
Other specialization options may be available depending on the institution.
By pursuing an M.Voc in Interior Design, you will acquire specialized vocational skills and knowledge to excel in the field. This program equips you with the practical expertise necessary to tackle real-world design challenges and offers a pathway to a rewarding career in the dynamic and creative field of interior design.